Tentative Title: Triangle 트라이앵글
Broadcast Network: MBC
Broadcast Period: May – August 2014
(It’s said there are 24 episodes, but it’s not confirmed)
Air Time: Mondays & Tuesdays 22.00PM
(It will follow after Empress Ki Drama)
Director: Yoo Chul Yong
Writer: Choi Wan Kyu
Production Company: Taewon Entertainment
Synopsis: Lee Beom-soo, Kim Jaejoong and Im Si-wan are three brothers who were separated at a young age. Lee Beom-soo’s character grows up to become a cop, Kim Jaejoong’s character becomes a gangster, and Im Si-wan’s character who is the youngest of the three. Jang Dong Soo (Lee Bum Soo), Jang Dong Chul (Kim Jaejoong) and Jang Dong Jun (Im Si Wan) are three brothers who got separated when they were young after their family falls apart.
Jang Dong Soo, the eldest brother grew up to be a policeman following the footsteps of his father and his greatest hope is to have a reunion with his brothers whom had been separated but only to re-encounter them again in the most unexpected twist of fate. Jang Dong Chul, the middle brother became a gangster who had grew up on the street surviving using his fists and wits to climb up the top of the crime syndicate. He tries to hide his real identity from his elder brother, Dong Soo but ends up in a dangerous situation which involves Dong Jun as well.
Jang Dong Jun, the youngest brother became Yoon Yang Ha, a cold and harden man who grew believing the world revolves around money after he gets adopted to the rich Yoon family without any memories of his own real family. His cold heart began to change when he encounters an orphan girl who changes the way he sees the world.
Oh Yeon Soo is a profiler who came back to Korea after spending years studying overseas, she clashes with Dong Soo who works in the same police station due to their different approaches towards crime solving and as they gain mutual respects for each other as work partners, they find themselves in a conflict again when they find out that the criminal that they have to go after is Dong Soo’s younger brother “Dong Chul”
- “Triangle” has been made into drama based on the novel “Hidden” written by Choi Wan-gyu. he has prepared to make this book a drama for 10 years.
- “Hidden” is the story about Korean residents in Japan becoming gambler or gangster, It’s said that the book was mainly focused in Jang Dong Chul (Role played by Jaejoong), but many things could be changed in the drama.
- The drama was originally called ‘Ugly Brothers’” but they changed the title to “Triangle”. (Jaejoong =/= ugly ^^;)
- Prolific and Succesor Screenwriter Choi Wan Kyu has worked in alot dramas including All In, IRIS and more.
- Screenwriter Choi Wan Kyu and Director Yoo Cheol-yong produced in 2003 the Big Hit Drama “All In” starring Lee Byung-hun and Song Hye-kyo and Ji Sung.
- Screenwriter Choi Wan Kyu and Director Yoo Cheol-yong are representatives of Astory, Production Company of “Protect The Boss” Drama.
- Triangle’s Production company is Taewon Entertainment produced IRIS Drama and is one of the leading entertainment companies in Korea, involved primarily with film production and importing foreign films.
- TW Entertainment produced IRIS Drama. There were news about TW Ent. production requested Kim Jaejoong to join IRIS 2 Cast back then in 2009, according to this old news, TW Ent wanted Kim Jaejoong to do a cameo in the last episode of IRIS and they offered him a major role for IRIS 2. After more than 4 years they will finally cast Kim Jaejoong for “Triangle” Drama.