Kim Jaejoong seems to be killing viewers’ with his fierce looks and sparkling gazes in the new MBC drama “Triangle”. In a particular scene where Jaejoong gambles on a casino table, he has proved once again that with looks, one can kill.
In the May 6 broadcast of the new drama “Triangle”, Heo Young Dal (played by Kim Jaejoong) engages in a notorious gambling underground casino.
With him having an affair with a mafia’s wife, things get really complicated and dangerous for him. He is also involved in a very notorious gambling scheme which also led him into more thug related trouble. In this scene, Jaejoong perfectly portrayed the role of a gambling hustler and his eyes truly spoke for his character. He was meant to do something more illegal than gambling itself, and it’ll be him, stealing some money from the gamblers by doing some dirty tricks.
The viewers were totally into Jaejoong’s acting for this particular drama. A lot of viewers and even Jaejoong’s fans as JYJ mentioned that he really embraces the bad guy image and this drama perfectly. The gambling scene gave so much tension when he was playing while drinking some alcoholic drinks. While drinking, he seem to change his gaze as it became more deep and fierce. Read More →
JYJ Kim Junsu, transforming into Dracula… set to appear in Musical ‘Dracula’
SportsDongA via Naver
1. (+475, -25) It strangely suits him well ㅎㅎ Kim Junsu, fighting~!!
2. (+413, -21) Omo omo omo omo omo omo….. In the midst of us flailing around indulging in Heo Young Dal, it’s ‘Junsu attack’…… Ha….. If I’m trying to get VIP seat(s), I guess the ticketing is going to be difficult again…. ㅠ_ㅠ
3. (+386, -23) May JYJ prosper!!!!!!!♥♥
4. (+331, -20) I must go watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. (+330, -22) I couldn’t see any of his other musicals, so I must watch this one ㅠㅠㅠ
6. (+136, -5) People say that idol musicals are much noise but nothing special (T/N: much ado about nothing) and the fans also lack manners. People dislike it because of the gap in talent and skill between an idol and a musical actor. But Kim Junsu, he did great in ‘Elisabeth’ with the feelings and emotions; even in the dramatic scene(s), his emotions, singing, and acting were not pretentious. He’s really like a musical actor.
7. (+123, -4) I, too, want to see every musical that Kim Junsu appears in, but his fans take all the good seats so I can’t see; I feel a bit sad each time.
8. (+109 -6) Following ‘Death’, it’s ‘Dracula’ ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It’s gonna be freakin’ sexy ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9. (+106, -2) I saw this on some article: how it was worrisome that an idol who wasn’t ‘verified’ as a musical actor was taking part in a musical, but on the day they saw Xia Junsu for the first time, he had perfectly mastered the numbers (music) and the flow; they were so surprised and they said they would watch again. In this regard, it’s what has made the present-day ‘actor Kim Junsu’. Eventually, those things lead to high quality performances and bear good results like ‘ticket power’ title~ so, although I’m a fan, it’s always anticipation more than worry.
10. (+103, -5) He was brilliant in ‘Elisabeth’. . . . This time I’ll be anticipating too ㅎ
11. (+99, -5) To be honest, amongst musical idols, Junsu comes second to none ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I support Kim Junsu who’s always beyond imagination, fighting!
Kim Junsu to appear in Musical ‘Dracula’… a love treasured for a thousand years
SportsDongA via Naver
1. (+49, -4) JYJ is so cool, they’ve gotten where they are now even in unfavourable circumstances. Be strong, and keep on winning. I’m rooting for you~~~
2. (+35, -1) I support JYJ❤️
3. (+23, -0) Is that face a 29-year-old’s face.. Such a baby face ㅠㅠ He looks great but I hope he can put on a bit of weight, he’s really thin ㄷㄷ Anyways, I believe that he will do well in this musical~ because he always does^^
4. (+15, -0) I’m really looking forward to it♥ Absolutely want to see it!!!!!!!
Translated by: pvtse of JYJ3
Shared by: JYJ3
In the midst of the three main broadcasting stations (KBS, MBC, SBS) competing for the top spot in their Monday-Tuesday drama rankings, MBC’s “Triangle” has come out at the top.
According to Nielson Korea on May 7, “Triangle” recorded a viewer rating of 9.6% for the May 6 broadcast. This is a 0.7% increase from the previous episode’s 8.9%, making it number one in ratings for dramas in the same time slot.
The other dramas that aired at the same time were SBS’ “Doctor Stranger” and KBS 2TV’s “Big Man,” which recorded 9.4% and 8.2% respectively. “Triangle,” which replaced “Empress Ki,” has taken charge of the top spot in viewer ratings two consecutive nights in a row with the premiere as well as the second episode.
“Big Man,” which began airing one week earlier than “Triangle” and “Doctor Stranger” received the lowest percentage with viewer ratings around the 8% mark. However, all three Monday-Tuesday dramas showed an increase in viewer ratings from the previous day, still making it a tough competition.
MBC’s “Triangle,” SBS’ “Doctor Stranger,” and KBS 2TV’s “Big Man” all broadcast every Mondays and Tuesdays at 10PM (KST). Read More →
Note: an excerpt from an article about Musical Dracula.
A person concerned with musical Dracula said, “Staff needed an actor who can break from the previous dark, frightening vampire and can act as a romantic Dracula who has kept his love for only one woman. It’s because this musical piece needs a new approach to the main character and story, like Jekyll & Hyde (in Korean version). In order to find an actor best suitable for this character, we saw many other musical performances, and, eventually, we came to the conclusion that Kim Junsu is the best.”
Shin Chun-Su, a producer of OD Musical Company, said, “By casting Kim Junsu, we’re able to show the ‘attractive and romantic dracula’ that we wanted to express. When watching Kim Junsu’s previous musicals, I thought ‘How about drawing and showing his yet-to-be-shown, tough and masculine part, with his beautiful voice?’
“I believe, through this musical, Kim Junsu can make his another irresistible charm. In the future, musical Dracula must be one of the his representative musical pieces,” he said.
Photo credit: TV Daily DB
After having quite a successful premiere by leading up the ratings, “Triangle” is in full force to capture the viewers’ attention not only with its story but also its casts. As JYJ’s Jaejoong is starring in the drama as one of the main lead, more beautiful stills from the singer and actor are expected.
Some stills from the sauna scene that Jaejoong had in the second episode were released. The pictures showed some of the facial expressions that he acted out playing as Heo Yong Dal, a gangster, which is also the second among the three brothers. Fans can also see a glimpse of Jaejoong’s tattoo on his chest, which kind of accentuates his character.
Triangle tells a story about three brothers who got separated for 20 years and reunited in difficult circumstances. The drama also stars Lee Bum Soo, Im Si Wan, Baek Jin Hee and Oh Yeon Soo. The drama airs every Monday and Tuesday on MBC at 10 p.m. Read More →
Episode 2: Sauna Scene
Although Jaejoong and Siwan showed tense relations in MBC drama ‘Triangle’ as two long lost brothers who lived completely different lives and remain clueless about each other’s identity, they proved to be relaxed and close when the cameras were not rolling.
Once the cameras were off, the two of them studied the casino game and gave each other advice while practicing. They even broke into smiles and laughs while looking at something on one of their cell phones for a cute, brotherly moment!