Note: 『爆買い☆スター恩返し』or Bakugai ☆ Star Ongaeshi with the slogan “Give back to the local community!” is a documentary travel variety program in which celebrities return the favor by buying up local gourmet and special products in their hometowns. For the first overseas location in the history of the program, Kim Jaejoong was choosed as special guest and he challenged explosive shopping in his hometown of Gongju and Seoul in South Korea.
Date: September 02nd, 2022
Translation by @cloudnine0919
- JJ: When I was a student, Korea was in a financial crisis, our family was so poor that I had only cup ramen for lunch. So I took a bit of food from my friends’ lunch.
- The episode that Jaejoong bought his girlfriend a ring when he was a teenager.
JJ: I couldn’t afford the ring for myself so I always told a lie “Sorry, I left mine at home.” But I really wanted to give her the ring. Studio guests felt sympathy for JJ’s love.
- Jinnai Tomonori-san is one of the studio guests who once was a MC of JJ’s live.
(Trans) Jin: Jejung can tell jokes in Japanese. That’s why he has stiff neck & shoulders
Thank you Jinnai-san for voicing our thoughts.. Link
- Kichijyoji temple in Kawaba Village , Numata City, Gunma Pref, 165 km north of Tokyo. It’s a Zen temple known as a flower temple. The sound of wind-bells is so nice!
(Trans) As I thought Jaejoong went to Kichijoji. It’s about 5 minutes from a road station Kawaba Denen Plaza. Link
Fans & Non-fans’ Reactions:
- When in a Japanese tv show he eats with J manners, which was very neat.
JJ: “There are many ppl in Japan to repay for their favor. So next time let’s do this in Tokyo”
It’s great that JJ is considerate showing respects to our culture & ppl. I’m so proud as a fan. Link
- His charms are of course his looks & singing skill as a singer, but the greatest charm must be his personality. He’s always a nice, cheerful & pleasant person, kind to anybody & treat them fairly. I understand why Jaejoong has been popular in Japan.
Of course I don’t know him completely, but he’s a down-to-earth person unexpectedly. Link
- A surprisingly beautiful man was on tv, so I googled to find he was a member of TVXQ. I’m so sorry for my ignorance🙇♀️ Link
- Whatever I’ve told my mother about Kpop she’s never been interested in it, but the moment she saw Jaejoong she started googling…Link
- I really love to read non J fans’ comments👍
(Trans) Reading comments by general viewers I’m impressed because they properly understand JJ’s personality. He’s kind, dutiful, smart, elegant, pleasant, considerate of others etc…Link
Our 4-year-old girl👧
“He’s so cool…” Link
- JJ is now No.10 on worldwide trends!!! OMG💚💚💚 the best program!🤩 Link
Gif Credit: @urmyjestiny
Shared by: Mia of JYJ3