JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong received state reception in Turkey.
He attended the banquet dinner at Turkey’s Presidential Palace on Feb. 6 as a delegate after receiving on invitation. A day before the dinner, he held a solo fan meeting at Ankara Univerisity. He also participated in a discussion called ‘Dialogue with the Young Generation’ with some undergraduates and President Lee Myung Bak, who was on a visit to four Middle East countries.
Read More →
On the 6th, Kim Jaejoong has spent a special time at the Presidential Palace of Turkey.
In adjustment to the visit of the President, at the request of the Turkish government, Kim Jaejoong held a fanmeeting in Turkey and attended a meeting. He also assisted at the state banquet.
Read More →
[TRANS] The weather in Turkey is extremely cold but I come back carrying a lot of warmth. Thank you~
Translated by: The_little_pear for JYJ3
Shared by: JYJ3
Please do not add to, alter, or remove the credits.
“Since JYJ Jaejoong has come, I should leave now”
This is what President Lee Myung-bak said to a Turkish K-POP fan he met during his state visit in Turkey. On the 6th (local time), President Lee visited University of Ankara and had time talking with the students. A Hallyu fan asked for his help so that a Hallyu concert can be held in Turkey. President Lee said, “I would like to invite them but the singers are too busy.” But he promised, “I’ll try to help to make Turkey a stop of concert in Europe.” In the end, President Lee himself introduced Kim Jaejoong, “Before leaving, I would like to deliver good news. We have invited JYJ Jaejoong-ssi out of K-POP members.” And before leaving the event hall, he said, “Since Jaejoong has come, I should leave now.” Netizens wrote comments on the article, “Now even the President is MC for ceremony too.” “When he said that Turkey would be also a stop of European concerts, Turkish fans seems to be disappointed*…”
*T/N (last sentence) ~ this was translated as is; “Turkish fans seems to be disappointed” may be interpreted in the context that they are disappointed JYJ will not visit Turkey solely but only as one of the stop/ visiting point during their European tour (via @chaconne)
JYJ Kim Jaejoong was invited to the Presidential Palace of Turkey, which is gathering hot attention. This invitation means that he has been treated as a state guest.
This dinner invitation took place along with the visit of President Lee Myung-bak in Turkey. According to ‘Joongang Daily’, President Lee originally planned to visit 4 countries in the Middle East. He was supposed to talk with Turkish young people about the Korean Wave but the Turkish government has expressed opinion, “We hope that he do it with the most popular Hallyu singer in Turkey.” Therefore, it was decided that Kim Jaejoong would be summonned to the Presidential Palace of Turkey.
An official of Korean Cultural Center in Turkey said, “Among Korean singers, we invited Kim Jaejoong of famous group JYJ to hold fanmeeting, which was expected to contribute to the increase cultural exchanges between the two countries.”
Kim Jaejoong’s management company said, “All three members of JYJ are really popular abroad but Kim Jaejoong’s popularity is especially high.”
Shared by: JYJ3
– I’ll never ever forget Feb. 5 2012. Jaejoong- no word is enough to describe your modesty! My God, the atmosphere was so nice and friendly. He was just like one of us. A friend that you can talk to!
– I don’t care what trolls say about Jaejoong- after seeing him yesterday and being in his fan meeting for almost 2 hours all I can say is he is one of the most modest, kindest and most elegant people that rarely you can see in your life!
-Believe me he was there just for a couple of hours but quite enough to enchant every one. Even the bodyguard who didn’t have any idea who he was said “Wow- this boy is so cool” I hope every JYJ fan experience the same.
– JJ is really awesome! I didn’t expect to get in and many thought I was there as an assistant and asked me lots of questions. There were mothers with their kids and boys with their girlfriends. Even the bodyguard who had no clue about him said: Wow cool boy and since he came here, he has been so polite and nice.
– I have been to many concerts and events but this was so unique and different. So intimate and friendly..He is extremely shy and modest. When we cheered for his birthday he was about to hide under the table and sometimes he got red! Yes I was struck by him !
– He is perfect…He stunned every single of us in the hall.! He is better looking in person..I was just in front of the platform! I find it difficult to describe but he is someone like not from this world. He has a real star light. So affectionate, kind… The star that shines so brightly and he brought sunshine- the outside was so warm and shining like him!
– Before the birthday cake the lady presenting the event said in Turkish ” We’ll give him a birthday cake but don’t say anything” We laughed but he didn’t understand..There were many moments like this!